ABTM & Swabs
AB Transport Medium (ABTM) & Swabs
For the collection and transport of clinical specimens containing viruses, chlamydia, mycoplasma or ureaplasma
Characteristic of ABTM
•No Leakage during transport (test approved)
• Self-stand tube design
•Locking cap mold design
•For viral antigen detection test, PCR and Rapid test
Characteristic of Swabs
•Double swabs : Nasal swab + Throat swab
• Flocked swab for better sample collection
•Safe Break point
•Slip resistant grip design
AB Transport Medium(ABTM) & Swabs
|Vial||Swab type||Storage||Package||Shelf life|
50EA/ Inner box,
10 Inner box/ Carton
12 Tray/ Carton
How to use
Instruction for use
1. Prepare gloves, masks, pen and AB Transport Medium Kit for Sample collection
2. Check the expiry date and packing status.
3. Wear gloves and masks before the collection.
4. Peel offkit package and take out the swabs holding the swab handle.
5. Tilt the patient’s head back slightly
6-1 Throat swab
Without touching the sides of the mouth, swab the back of throat and the tonsil area on both sides of the throat.
6-2 Nasal swab
Insert the tip horizontally until it reaches to the Nasopharynx and rotate the swab 5 times.
7.Withdraw the swabs carefully.
8. Insert the swabs into the ABTM until it reaches to the bottom.
9. Break the swabs at the molded break point.
10. Screw the cap firmly to ensure no leakage.
11. Note the patient’s information on the label.
12. Transport the tubes immediately to the laboratories or hospitals.
13. Sample is stable for 48 hours in room temperature and can be stable up to 72 hours in 2-8°C storage